On behalf of the MIT Sloan Admissions Team, I would like to wish you a very happy and healthy holiday season. Thank you for following this blog and your interest in our school!
I wanted to mention a few things before the holiday break:
- Deadlines are approaching. We look forward to receiving your applications and learning more about you!
- MFin Deadline: January 5th, 2015. Decisions will be announced March 9th, 2015
- MBA Round 2 Deadline: January 8th, 2015. Decisions will be announced April 6th, 2015.
- MSMS Deadline: January 15th, 2015. Decisions will be announced April 13th, 2015.
- Our office will be closed from December 24th—January 2nd, but you can reach us by phone (617-258-5434) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) from 9am-5pm EST with any questions. We will be back to our regular office hours, 9am-5pm EST on January 5th.
- Be sure to check out our events page! New offerings have been added, including meet-ups hosted by current students in cities all over the world. Registration for our Spring 2015 Ambassadors Program will begin in January, but you can view our dates here. We’d love to see you on campus!
Happy New Year, and see you in 2015!
The Master of Finance is a one-year, rigorous program perfect for individuals who want to prepare for a career in the finance sector. MFin students benefit from a collaborative student community, supportive career development office, flexible curriculum, Action Learning opportunities, and access to world-renowned faculty. Gain insight into the program by reading this recent article.
This Open House is a great opportunity to ask all your pressing questions, and learn about the program from those who know it best—our current students. As Florent Coeffic, MFin ’13 describes, “there is more flexibility here than I realized, and much more interaction with the faculty. Students are free to customize their learning experience by taking classes across programs…I think it illustrates the collaborative culture that is a hallmark of MIT Sloan.” See what our students have to say about the program in the MFin student blogs.
Applications are due January 5th, 2015. Applicants who submit before December 1st qualify for a reduced application fee. Application fees are waived for current college seniors who are US citizens graduating from a US school in 2015 and for active US military personnel. I encourage you to check out our website for more information.
I hope you can attend the MFin Open House!
Dawna Levenson, Director, MIT Sloan Admissions
I’m happy to announce some upcoming events for our Specialized Master’s Degree Programs! This October, I’ll be traveling with one of my colleagues to Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Bangkok to meet with prospective students and talk about the unique offerings of MIT Sloan. This is a great opportunity to learn about our one year Master of Finance Program and our Master of Science in Management Studies Program. Please check out our events page for details and registration.
The Master of Finance Program (MFin) is a rigorous program combining in-depth study of quantitative techniques with practical, hands-on business problem solving. It was ranked as the top U.S. Master’s Degree Program for early-stage finance professionals by the Financial Times. Applications are due January 5th, 2015 and can be found here.
The Master of Science in Management Studies (MSMS) offers talented students from around the world the opportunity to enhance their expertise in a chosen management concentration. It is designed specifically for candidates who have received an MBA or equivalent degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher learning. Applications are due January 15th, 2015, and can be found here.
The MFin and MSMS are part of the comprehensive portfolio of programs we offer at MIT Sloan. Students join both the MIT Sloan and MIT Communities, take classes with our world-renowned faculty, and participate in our Action Learning opportunities.
I look forward to meeting you!
We are happy to announce that our Master of Finance (MFin) application for entry in summer 2015 is now available online; so you can begin uploading your resumes, essays, recommendation letters, transcripts, and test scores. There is one deadline to submit your application: January 5, 2015.
All applicants will receive their decisions on the same day, March 9, 2015. The application fee is discounted to $100 If you submit on or before December 1, 2014, and is $150 if you submit after December 1, 2014.
We encourage you to schedule a visit to campus this fall with our MFin Ambassadors Program to get a feel for the MIT Sloan student experience. We also offer in-person events around the globe and online chats.
We look forward to receiving your applications!
Last week, we recognized outstanding students for their contributions and leadership in the MIT Sloan community with our merit-based Achievement Awards. These awards include: the Seley Scholarship, the Henry B. DuPont III Scholarship, the Henry Ford II Scholarship, the Miriam Sherburne Scholarship, the Martin Trust Community Fellowships, and the Petersen Award. In addition, the Siebel Foundation and the McGowan Fellowship program grant two additional awards.
Candidates are nominated by members of the community and undergo an interview selection process. This year we had a very impressive group of students who contributed significantly to our community through their club leadership or with specific departments on campus, such as Admissions or the Student Life Office.
Hear Natalie Hooper, one of our Seley Scholarship winners, talk about why the MIT Sloan community is the right fit for her.
Thank you to those who expressed interest in MIT Sloan and applied to the MFin Program. Yesterday, March 10, was our Decision Day, and on behalf of the Admissions Team I would like to say how impressed we were by this year’s applicant pool.
If you applied for the MFin Class of 2015, yesterday you received one of three status updates:
- Admit: Congratulations – You are IN! You should look for your AdMIT packet from us arriving in the mail next week. Also, be sure to login and review our AdMIT website (login credentials were included in your decision letter).
- Waitlist: You received a wait list decision email that provided details on an upcoming online chat and a link to the FAQs page to help answer your related questions.
- Not Admitted: You received an email indicating that we cannot offer you a place in the incoming class. Unfortunately, we cannot provide individual feedback to applicants. We hope that MIT Sloan will continue to be a resource for you in the future.
To those applicants who have been admitted – it is now decision time! I highly recommend reading about why our current students chose MIT Sloan in the MFin Class of 2014 student blog. A special thank you to these students for sharing their stories.
We asked current MBA and MFin students: “Did anything surprise you about MIT Sloan?” You may be interested in what they had to say:
MIT Sloan is a community that embraces diversity, and has an energetic and entrepreneurial spirit. I hope this gives you an inside scoop into what life is like for an MIT Sloan student! I invite you to visit campus to see for yourself.