Dear MFin Applicants,
Thank you for your interest in our program, and thank you for submitting your application! We know that you are anxious and curious – so here is a rundown of what comes next:
The Admissions Team will begin sending MFin interview invitations starting tomorrow, January 21st and will continue to send them periodically through Friday, February 14th. If you are not invited for an interview, you will receive a final decision from us by February 14th. We request that applicants do not email the Admissions Committee inquiring about their interview invitation status. We understand that this is a stressful time for applicants and we very much appreciate your patience.
All MFin interviews will be conducted in person. In addition to holding MFin interviews here in Cambridge, we will also be meeting applicants for interviews in Shanghai, Paris, and Santiago.
Specific details regarding interview dates and locations are still being confirmed, but interviewees will receive an invitation one week prior to your interview date. If you are not living in one of the interview locations, you’ll be given the choice to meet us in the closest location to you, or you are always welcome to join us here on campus in Cambridge.
Now, some additional interview tips and reminders on our policies:
- All interviews are conducted by members of the MIT Sloan Admissions team – not by students or alumni.
- We will be sharing an additional Interview Preparation Guide for those candidates invited to interview.
- A valid passport or photo ID is required at your interview. Please make sure your name is printed in English on the ID.
There are three components to the interview:
- You may be asked follow-up questions from your application. For example, your interviewer might ask you to elaborate on your academic and/or professional experiences, or provide more detail on a specific example from your application.
- You will be asked behavioral questions that will give evidence of certain competencies. An example of the type of question we may ask: “Describe a situation where you had a conflict with another individual, and how did you deal with it?”
- Finally, we will give you the opportunity to ask us any questions.
Lastly, except for updated Fall 2013 transcripts, we are not accepting any additional application materials at this time.
The Admissions Team is looking forward to getting to know interviewees better – We hope that you take the opportunity via the interview to get to know us better too!